The Mesh Potato 2.0 'All Wheel Drive' Edition or MP2 AWD is based on the same core as the MP2 Phone and is packaged in an outdoor enclosure with additional features and capabilities, most notably a second radio capable of 2T2R operation on 2.4 and 5GHz bands.
The MP2 AWD has the following features:
- Everything already included in MP2 Basic:
- Atheros AR9331 SoC with a 2.4GHz 802.11n 1×1 router in a single chip
- Internal antenna for 2.4GHz operation
- 16/64MB flash/ram memory configuration
- Two Ethernet ports
- High-speed UART for console support
- A second radio module based on the MediaTek/Ralink RT5572 chipset which supports IEEE 802.11bgn 2T2R (2x2 MIMO) operation on 2.4 and 5 GHz bands. This chipset is widely used, including in the TP-Link TL-WDN3200 USB wifi device.
- Internal SD card slot capable of supporting local content serving, data caching, and general data storage applications.
- Internal USB port which can be used for a memory device , GSM 3/4G dongle or other USB devices.
- PoE/TL adaptor which will carry Voice/Data/Power via a single Cat5/6 cable to the MP2 AWD. Similar to a passive PoE connector but also carries voice telephone line connection allowing phone to be plugged in remotely from MP2 AWD